Tuesday, October 11, 2011

- Mission 1 Report: Thoughts -

What a nightmare.

If you've read that mission report, you know what I'm talking about. So many mistakes were made. I made it clear that Class-7 through Class-9 Focuses were to be confronted by IMPCOM Operatives only. The police officer was a terrible casualty, but he made a poor judgement call. Tried to be a hero. Brave man. Poor, brave man.

#776 is still unidentified. I don't recognize him from my time on the Island, either. I'm always afraid of that. It's happened a few times, actually. Getting reports on my desk or arriving on-scene during an operation and seeing that a Focus is somebody I know. That's the worst. You look at a photo and you see the face of some poor kid, and you think, 'I remember that rookie. I patched him up after his first time into the jungle.' It's not so bad when they end up okay. And usually people survive the serum injection. It's rare to have a bad reaction, but it happens.

God, I'm a mess, just thinking about this. This job is stressful, but it's worse when somebody dies. All the what-ifs.

I'm going to go get some coffee.I have a day off coming up, and I'm looking forward to it. Maybe I'll explain how we classify Focuses or something. Maybe I'll just go and drive somewhere quiet and try to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment