Saturday, October 29, 2011

- Updates -

Devon's gone. She escaped from the island the other day, looks like, using a cannon. So very like her. A grand exit. She looks like she plans on going back, too, but who knows.
I'm not sure how I feel about that. On one hand, I'm happy. I'm glad she's escaped, like she always wanted. On the other hand, I'm worried. Not so much about her. She's capable of taking care of herself, especially now. Nothing outside the island poses much of a threat to her. And that's what worries me.
Devon's on the loose, and she's more dangerous than ever, and... well. She must have an agenda in mind. And that's even more worrisome.

I'm going to work on getting a team out in the field to start looking for her.

In other news, my daughter met The Stranger the other day. She nearly died. I nearly had a heart attack...
She's recovering, now, according to my camera feeds, and is being taken care of. I owe Sessine a pint, as well as a big, big favor.
There's another issue. Jara's mother was there. I haven't seen Silcatra on camera for months...

She's becoming a Stranger. It's obvious.

I'm sick with worry and dread. I've contacted Jara, and let her know that I'll do what I can to help her, which brings me to my next point:

My Research and Development team has been working on a 'weapon' that neutralizes Improbability. It's only been tested once or twice, but the results have been good. They've seen decreases in improbability fields in objects exposed to improbability. The idea behind it is that the field that is being emitted by an improbable entity can be matched by an opposite field...

Right, layman's terms.

Okay, you know how you can cancel sound waves by playing a harmonically opposite wave? It's like that. By sending out an improbability field that opposes the exact field being emitted by the target entity, it cancels the field.

The effects strengthen the longer the improbable field is exposed to the opposing field generated by the gun, which my boys are calling the PSU (Probability Stabilization Unit). They'd hate it if they knew I was calling their machine a 'gun', though since it looks like a gun and 'shoots' an emitted field, I'll call it a gun until they think up a better way to deliver directed probability fields.

Technically, this gun isn't using anti-improbability, just to clarify. It's using improbability, but it's just neutralizing a improbable field with its opposite field. If we can get this thing to work, it'd be very useful.

In the meantime, the R&D boys are working up a second prototype PSU to send to the Island for... let's call it 'field testing', though, knowing what it's going to be used for, that is a callous way of putting it.

I'm going to go have a drink. I need to unwind and get some more reports written up.

I'll write again when I get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment